Cecil Moves Home by Suzanne Stephenson #BookReview #BlogTour

 

Cecil’s web is about to be swept away and he is scared.

Then he meets Mr Perkins the cat who decides to help him, taking him to the house across the road. This belongs to Mr Tizard who likes all creatures and who offers Cecil a place to stay.

There Cecil meets Flo another spider and is able to find a home.

It's my pleasure to be sharing my review of Cecil Moves Home by Suzanne Stephenson. Many thanks to Donna Morfett for inviting me to take part in the blog tour.

Spiders aren't everybody's favourite creature but I'm quite fond of them. In Cecil Moves Home, Cecil the spider joins other childhood favourites like Charlotte, Spinderella and The Very Busy Spider in a picture book which aims to prove they aren't so frightening and just want somewhere safe to live where they can eat all those annoying flies! 
Cecil's first choice of home in this rhyming story isn't the wisest and as Mr Perkins the cat explains, the humans there will soon sweep his web away. Mr Perkins is a helpful sort of a cat though and fortunately knows just the place for Cecil.  Soon he has a new home and even a wife! Meanwhile, although the mysterious Mr Perkins moves on, there are kittens needing a home too – and a couple who have realised their house is missing something to make it a home.
Some of the rhymes perhaps feel a little forced at times and the lines don't always scan as well as they might, but there are some great vocabulary boosters and this is a sweet little story with a lovely message about  looking after animals and about finding a place to belong. The author's notes at the back also gives young children further information about the usefulness of spiders and about how animal shelters help rehome pets. The black and white illustrations are rather lovely too. 

Cecil Moves Home can be purchased here. 

Follow the blog tour, details are below.

About the Author
Living in the English countryside I already had a couple of careers before I became an author. Having been a Family Lawyer and Family Mediator I became a District Judge in the year 2000 and officially retired from judging in early 2021.Sitting on complex family cases did not leave me much time for my interests of writing and sketching but when I had free-time I tried to visit interesting places .I hope my ancestors helped provide some inspiration as well. My father was a Holocaust survivor and my maternal grandfather a gynaecologist and composer. The people and countryside of Eastern England also are embedded in my psyche .

Comments