Dr Seuss Reviewed by my Youngest Daughter


We've re-read a few Dr Seuss books recently, they've been a favourite with all three of my daughters over the years and after reading Green Eggs and Ham to my eldest on the bus years ago a couple of the passengers came and told me how much they'd enjoyed listening to it too!
Maggie, my youngest daughter is six and likes to discuss the books we've shared. Here are some of her thoughts on some of the Dr Seuss books.


Fox in Socks
"The fox is rude and mean. He knows that his master can't say the rhymes but he keeps trying to make him say ones that are harder. In the end though he can't say it and he gets shoved into a bottle. He does look cute in socks though."
(She has decided Mr Knox must be the fox's master as he calls him "sir").


The Cat in the Hat
"The cat is really rude to keep coming into the house without being invited and he makes a mess. He doesn't actually tidy up properly, he just hoovers up all their stuff which means that they don't have it any more so that doesn't count. I wouldn't like Thing One and Thing Two to come here but I like the fish, he's cool."


Green Eggs and Ham
"He keeps saying he won't try them and he doesn't like them. He just says no, no, no, but then in the end he gives in and he does like them. I learnt I should at least try something new."


How The Grinch Stole Christmas
"This is really funny but I don't know why he's called a Grinch. At the end he says that maybe Christmas is something more so this book taught me you should never hate Christmas."

She says her favourite is The Grinch and I've promised her I'll read her some more Seuss soon. She sums up her reviewing with "Mr Dr Seuss is so good at making up stories that rhyme isn't he?" Do you have a favourite?

Comments