Turn the Page for Sarcoma UK @Sarcoma_UK


As a book blogger, I read most days and there's no doubt that reading has seen me through some of the most difficult periods in my life. Therefore, when I saw Sarcoma UK's Reading Challenge to read every day for the 29 days of February (it's a leap year!), I immediately signed up. It was only after I shared the challenge on Facebook that I learned a family member was diagnosed with Chondrasarcoma in their femur last year so it's become more personal now. 

Sarcoma is a type of cancer that can occur in any part of the body. There are two main types; soft tissue sarcoma and bone sarcoma. Around 15 people are diagnosed in the UK with sarcoma every day, which works out at approximately 5,300 people a year. Although there are some things known to increase the risk of sarcoma – age, genetic conditions, previous radiotherapy, exposure to chemicals, and some bone conditions – more research is needed to fully understand how sarcoma happens. Anybody can be diagnosed with sarcoma; it's more common in middle-aged and elderly people but is also the third most common cancer in children. 

Sarcoma UK is a national charity. It funds much-needed research, provides support and advice to anybody affected by sarcoma and campaigns for better treatments. The charity relies on generous donations and the efforts of their tireless fundraisers. 

The Sarcoma UK support line is for everybody affected by sarcoma. Call on 0808 801 0401, email at supportline@sarcoma.org.uk or text 07860 058830.

Read more about the Turn the Page challenge here. For more information, visit the Sarcoma UK website.

I know finances are tight for everybody but if you are able to make a donation to my challenge, I will be truly grateful, every little bit helps.


Thank you. 

Comments